Sunday, September 19, 2010

IT ALL HAS TO DO WITH FUN BUSSES...

I've sent out a lot of proposals lately and really had to "put myself out there" in terms of possibly making a fool of myself. So, to all those people who might think to themselves "Well, that's great, but what does it have to do with ME?," I wanted to repost an excerpt from an earlier post this year. Here goes:

In 1977 when I moved out to California and didn’t have a car, I hopped on a bus to go to a job interview at that huge corporation. After quite awhile of riding around, I realized that I had inadvertently hopped on a “fun bus,” one of those busses that only takes you to Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, etc., instead of a public transportation bus. After realizing this, I got off the bus and walked, and walked, and walked and ended up at a large corporation but not the one I was supposed to interview with. By that time I was so tired of walking that I just asked them if there were any openings…and here I am 33 years later still doing some work for the people that I met there at that large corporation.So, to answer any questions about why I might have sent you a proposal, it goes way back to “fun busses”—you never know where something might lead you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment