Monday, March 21, 2011

TO THE STATE OF CALFORNIA - WAY TO RUB IT IN!

I received a letter in the mail today from the State of California Board of Equalization that for some reason struck me as really funny...here's the heading and first paragraph:

"Review of Accounts Reporting No Sales"

"Our computer record of your account indicates that, during the year noted above, you had no sales or other business activity which requires you to hold a seller's permit. Therefore, this letter is to inform you that we are considering cancellation of your permit to reduce costs both to you and the State."

Considering I've been rejected by (fill in the blank) number of greeting card companies during the past week, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that even though I wasn't trying to sell the State of California greeting cards, even they rejected me. I'm just really glad that my sense of humor never fails me :)

By the way, State of California, the reason I've had no sales is because I changed my marketing tactics and I'm leading the business in another direction...and I do have some promising leads, so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment