Monday, August 10, 2009

MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING...

Yes...that's what I have been doing for the past week. I have been walking into local stores, giving away free greeting cards, submitting photos to greeting card publishers, mailing sample cards to gift stores, various boutiques, tried selling them on Ebay (bad idea), etc., etc., etc. I am still debating whether to try selling them on Amazon but I think if I do that I will have to create a package of 10 cards because who in their right mind would pay $3.50 for a greeting card plus taxes and shipping that would total around $8??? Enlighten me here if I'm missing something :)

Last week I was rejected by two companies and one informed me that they still hadn't made a decision. That's O.K...I've decided the worst weeks are the ones when you don't hear anything from anyone. It makes you wonder if they received them or not. I think I might have ticked off one company because I think I flooded their inbox with too many submissions. If I did, I apologize!!!

Now that I have Facebook I think I have to start figuring out the best way to use it. I think you have to keep everyone up to date on what you're doing...so, once again, to my friends I apologize if you get random things on your page!

No comments:

Post a Comment