Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I ADMIT IT--I'M TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED, O.K.?

I apologize in advance to all the companies I am submitting my "artwork" to this week and I sincerely hope I don't become the laughingstock of the greeting card publishing world. Unfortunately, a lot of the greeting card companies actually want you to submit your artwork in the form of an actual greeting card (the sheer nerve of them) and I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS! So here's what I do...I print out the front of the card and I print out the inside text and then I fold them in half to look like a greeting card. Then I put a paper clip around them to make sure they stay together so that the inside text of one card doesn't accidentally get attached to the picture on another card. After that I write my name, address and phone number on the back of the "card" and now that I'm actually thinking about this, I probably should have used a fake name :) All I can say is that I hope that after whoever opens my package stops laughing, they will see the "vision" that I have and realize that all they have to do is have someone "fix it," so to speak. Yep, I hope they realize that it's not a huge deal...they just need to get the card to actually look like a card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment