Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I THINK I HAVE MANAGED TO SOMEHOW ALIENATE...

all the Creative Directors/Art Directors at every single greeting card company I have approached. O.K., maybe not every one, but at least three that I can think of right off the bat. I think it's due to the fact that from working in the housing industry for 32 years as well as sales and marketing, I am used to deadlines, following up on leads, etc. in a timely manner. I have discovered, albeit maybe a little slowly, that greeting card companies have an entirely different concept of time than I do. Whereas I consider following up on art submissions as part of the entire marketing process, I think the Creative Directors think I am harrassing them. It's not like I email them all the time (not even once a month), it's just that I think they want to be left alone until they make their decisions...which can take three months or longer. Sometimes I think this greeting card endeavor is a left brain/right brain train wreck :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey - I guess one good laugh deserves another. Your last three post gave me a chuckle, mostly because I relate completely.

    ReplyDelete