Sunday, July 5, 2009

MY CARDS ARE BEING DELIVERED ON WEDNESDAY...

and I'm still not sure the best way to go about marketing them. In addition to seeing if more local stores would carry them, I was also thinking about opening an Amazon Webstore but after doing some research, I decided not to take that route. I have applied to be a vendor at a major store and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I have a domain name registered but have no clue how to develop a website :) Actually, that's not really what's holding me back...the reason I am not really excited about establishing the website is because then you have to get into SEO and all that stuff to drive traffic to your site and I think that's more than I can deal with. In addition to selling the cards, I also thought I could sell the images on Istockphoto which would be an additional revenue source. I also need to create a Facebook and Twitter accounts in addition to my existing LinkedIn account. A good friend of mine came up with the idea of incorporating the family history on the display racks in stores which was really creative...thanks, J!

I need to get back to designing...

No comments:

Post a Comment